Sunday 26 July 2009

living the dream!!

So this weekend was our last in fiji....but one of the best!! we decided to treat ourselves as because we are now 'locals' we could get a local rate in the hotels....so we chose the intercontinental at Natandola....OH MY GOODNESS! it was stunning!! We spent the whole weekend chilling by the infinity pool, drinking cocktails...AND OUR ROOM HAD A BATH ON THE BALCONY!! Since being in fiji we have felt really dirty and no matter how many times we shower you just dont feel clean, there is dust and dirt everywhere!! BUT for the first time in the month I felt sooo clean in my huuuuge bubble bath, with candles and everything!! i have photos of amie in the bath as proof ;) haha

Anyway I also managed to live a life long dream of mine to ride a horse on a beach!! I did it on saturday with about five other volunteers however my saddle had no blanket on it and seeing as i was wearing shorts it hurt quite a bit!! My horse, diana, was also quite hard to get going and only got as far as a trot. Once it was over I felt that I really had taken the experience for granted so a booked a solo ride for Sunday afternoon too, and im so glad i did. This time I had a horse called Georgina and she was gorgeous (just like Dippy for those who knew him), quite small and fast. I went with a guide and we went alot further right to the point, where the view was stunning! I really appreciated where i was this time, and LOVED every second. One the way back he suggested we galloped, I hadnt riden a horse in years so was a little aprehensive at first but im sooo glad i did!! She was super fast and I have the biggest bruises on my bottom but it was so worth it!! I came back with the biggest smile on my face!! I am definately going to get back into riding again at home.

Today I was teaching again at school. We have seemed to move into class 3 now, but I love them just as much as 1 and 2. For some reason today a boy brought in a crab in a small container of sand and water!! We treated him as our class pet, however he did attempt to escape a couple of times and was very distracting as I tried to teach parrallel lines and right angles! haha

Off to the beach once again today, making the most of fiji!! Speak very soon

lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. i want to ride a horse on a beach :( amazing!
    and hello to naked bath photos on a balcony in plain view of everyone...! strategically placed bubbles?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what luxury! Looking forward to next year when you take me there (are you paying?). xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete